Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We hope you and your family have remained in good health through this marathon pandemic.
We are eager and excited to announce that our office is now open for all services and procedures! As shelter in place restrictions begin to lift and we re-enter a post-COVID-19 world, we are prepared for the new challenges and will continue to maintain our core commitment to your safety in a supportive dental environment.
During the pause we worked diligently to create a safe and comfortable patient experience. Our office follows infection control recommendations issued by the American Dental Association (ADA), The U.S. Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).
Like life, dentistry has changed, and we have many new safety procedures in place to reduce our collective health risks. I want to update you and your family on our approach, so you know what to expect next time you visit our office.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you before your visit to ask some Covid-19 screening questions. If you or anyone in your household are not feeling well or have symptoms, please inform the office staff and do not come to the office for your scheduled visit.
- Like all local businesses, we will ask you to wear a mask or face covering at all times when you are in the office except during treatment.
- You will see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, books or children’s toys to reduce the “touch points”. We have also installed temporary barriers around the front desk.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing among patients. This might mean that your previously scheduled time varies some. We will do our best to allow more time between patient appointments.That will reduce wait times for you and limit the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Although our patients rarely have to wait long, if you do, we may ask you to wait on our front deck.
- We have hand sanitizer throughout the office in many “safe stations”. If possible, we ask that you use your personal/home restroom before coming to the office building. If needed during your visit, office building restrooms are located up the main stairway.
- At the beginning of your appointment we will ask you some Covid-19 health questions, request that you to hand sanitize, and ask you to do a pre-treatment hydrogen peroxide oral rinse. We will also take your temperature. If for any reason you or anyone in your household are not feeling well or have any symptoms, please do not come to the office.
- For over 30 years our office has always adhered to strict infection prevention protocols. We have elevated our methods which include ongoing hand washing, use of personal protective equipment, and cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces in the clinical and office areas throughout the day. This is in addition to our regular use of sterile instruments and devices and proper respiratory and cough etiquette.
- We have also updated our HVAC heating and air conditioning system filters to hospital grade levels.
We are open with our regular hours, Monday to Friday.
Phone hours are currently Monday – Thursday 8:30-5pm and Fridays 8:30-noon.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. As always, if at any time you have concerns, we would like to hear from you.
Contact us by:
Telephone: (415) 454-6293
email: [email protected]
web site: www.marindental.com
We value the trust you’ve placed in us over the years and look forward to welcoming back all our patients, neighbors, friends and family.
Dr. Differding, Dr. Dan Freeman, and Staff